Current Events

Board of Directors Meeting

Wednesday, May 29, 2024


Emergency Notification Form

You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login.

Residential Special Programs

The Water Authority offers protection to special service classifications when certain conditions exist, particularly with respect to discontinuance of service. To enroll in our Residential Special Programs, simply fill out the application form and return it to us so that we may note your account. 

If you do not return the application, you will not be eligible for any of these services. All residential special programs are subject to the review and approval of the Water Authority. Additional documentation which supports your eligibility may be required.

You can find the Application form at the end of our customer Rights & Responsibilities Brochure or a single page version here.

These special programs include the following:

Eldery, Blind or Disabled Program

We will take additional steps to assure that your service continues without interruption if you are age 62 or older, blind or disabled and everyone living with you is either:

  • Age 62 or older
  • Blind or disabled or
  • Age 18 or younger

If the Water Authority is unable to arrange a deferred payment plan with you, we will assist you in applying for aid from a social service agency, if necessary. We will continue your service while the agency determines whether or not you may be eligible for assistance from their office.

Medical Emergency

Please notify us if you or a member of your household:

  • Suffers from a serious illness
  • Suffers from a chronic medical condition
  • Requires uninterrupted water service for life support equipment

During the cold weather season (November 1 to April 15) if we determine than an occupant may suffer a serious impairment to health or safety as a result of discontinuance of water service, we will assist you in contacting the local social service agency to request an investigation by the agency. We will need medical certification from your doctor or the Nassau County Department of Health in support of any of these conditions. If you are eligible, we will arrange a deferred payment plan with you.

3rd Party & Tenant Programs

You can designate a relative, friend, or agency, with their approval, to receive notice if your bill is overdue or if your service is in jeopardy of termination.

Your "third party" is not responsible for paying your bills but can work with us on your behalf to avoid problems which may develop on your account.

Tenants in Multiple Dwellings 

Should your landlord fail to pay the water bill in a building where there are three (3) or more apartments, you will be able to maintain service by joining with other tenants to pay the current bill.

We will notify you if the landlord does not pay the bill by posting a final termination notice in the building.

The amount you pay can legally be deducted from your rent according to Subdivision (1) of Section 235-a of the New York State Real Property Law.
View the New York State Attorney General Tenant's Rights Guide online.

1580 Union Turnpike, New Hyde Park, NY 11040-1762
Phone: (516) 327-4100 | Fax: (516) 327-4132
Public Water Supply Identification No. NY2902830
RocketTheme Joomla Templates